Pioneer was founded in 1945 by Harry Triumphful and Mickey Nagel in Chicago’s historic Fulton Market District. In 1950 Bill Milligan Sr. began working at Pioneer as a truck driver. Bill’s hard work and determination ultimately led to purchasing the company with a partner in 1970. In May of 1971, Bill Milligan Jr. joined his father at Pioneer. Working tirelessly together, Pioneer continued to grow. After becoming the sole proprietor in 1975, Bill Sr. incorporated the business becoming Pioneer Wholesale Meat Company, Inc. After Bill Sr.’s death in 1987, Pioneer moved to a new facility at 1000 West Carroll Avenue. Following in his father’s footsteps, Casey Milligan continued the family tradition by joining the Pioneer legacy in 2007. Pioneer recently moved to a larger facility at 2301 West Walnut Street. Although the company continues to grow, Pioneer proudly remains a family owned and operated business.